Sewer Backed Up?
If a Sewer Backup Occurs
1. Take action to protect people & property
2. Call Midvale City 801-567-7235 (M- F, 7:00am-
4:30pm} or 801-567-7200 (Afterhours, weekends, holidays}
3. The city will check the sewer main & any blockages will be promptly cleared
4. If the main line is not blocked, call a plumbing or sewer contractor to check your lateral line
5. Clean up the backup as soon as possible to minimize damage & negative health effects
Taking notice of what is flushed down toilets and sinks can prevent most backups. DO NOT flush the following materials (or similar items) down
-Large quantities of toilet paper
-Clothing, socks, underwear, etc.
-Flushable wipes (NOT flushable)
-Grease, fats, oils
-Sand, or dirt
-Sponges or scouring pads
Many homeowner’s insurance policies exclude sewer backups but this coverage often can be added. You should contact your insurance agent for further details.
Call 801-567-7235 with any questions or concerns.