New Monthly Bulky Item & Green Waste Program!
Starting April 16, customers who pay for waste collection services through Midvale City will be able to dispose of bulky and green waste items on a MONTHLY basis. Items will be picked up on the third FULL week of every month on the customers normally scheduled trash day (see calendar).
The City encourages everyone to recycle bulky items that can be reused by donating them to a local charity. If you have items that you need to dispose of, please follow these guidelines:
- Place bulky and green waste items curbside the night before or no later than 6:30 a.m. on your normally scheduled trash day.
- Place all green waste in one pile and bulky items in another. Be sure to keep the piles at least 2 feet apart.
- Loose materials (leaves, twigs, wood chips, etc.) must be placed inside bags of boxes.
- All green waste must be cut into 4-foot sections and be twined together in 18” diameter bundles.
- Freon must be removed from items (refrigerators, freezers, etc.) by a professional and be tagged with a copy of the receipt.
- All items must weigh less than 75 pounds or they cannot be picked up.
- Leaving a bag of grass clippings lying around in the hot summer sun waiting for bulky waste collection day conjures up awful smells. Therefore, grass clippings are not to be put out for bulky waste collection. Plus, grass clippings are too valuable to waste! When left on the lawn, properly mowed grass clippings filter down to the soil and decompose rapidly. During the breakdown process, the clippings feed soil organisms, recycle plant nutrients, and contribute organic matter to the soil. As a result, water is conserved and less fertilizer is needed grass. If you must dispose of your clippings, please dump clippings on top of other trash in your receptacle so they don’t get stuck in the bottom.
We will not pick up the following items:
- Dirt, rocks, concrete or sod
- Flammable materials such as oil and gas
- Hazardous and toxic waste
- Explosive and radioactive materials
- Vehicle parts, tires or propane tanks
- Metal and debris from construction, remodeling or demolition projects
Visit www.midvalecity.org to learn more about the bulky item and green waste program.