In addition to the yearly curbside pick-up,Midvale City offers dumpster rental for residential waste disposal. The dumpsters may be used for yard debris (tree limbs, shrubbery, grass clippings, etc.) as well as building materials, household items including appliances, and furniture. Heavy items such as dirt, and fill material are acceptable but they can only fill up to 1/3 of the container.
Unacceptable items include:
- toxic, hazardous, or flammable materials,
- pesticides, herbicides,
- solvents, chemicals, paints,
- motor oil, gasoline, tires, batteries
- human waste, concrete, rocks or asphalt.
* Fifty-five gallon drums will not be accepted unless the tops and bottoms have been removed or they have been cut in half.
** Appliances containing freon such as REFRIGERATORS, AIR CONDITIONERS, and FREEZERS will not be accepted unless the freon has been removed. This must be done by a licensed technician and the driver must be furnished with a copy of the receipt.
Dumpster can be scheduled for individual use or for a neighborhood cleanup project. The dumpster will be placed at the curb in front of the residence unless otherwise specified.
Due to the popularity of this program, you may want to schedule the dumpster early to ensure it is available. Reservations must be made in person by visiting Midvale City Hall at 7505 South Holden Street. The fee must be paid at the time of reservation. Midvale City accepts cash, check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. To speed up your reservation process, print and fill out the Dumpster Application, and bring it with your payment.
- Currently the cost to rent a dumpster is $180.
- The dumpster program is for Midvale City residents only!